12.9.15

On Men's Fashion and Dicks

  I was sitting here in the library about twenty minutes ago in front of a different computer screen wanting to write something but having nothing I wanted to write a post about. Then this happened:
I was waltzing through the store (well, walking really but let's make it more interesting than it is) when I stopped to look at a magazine. Not being a fan of women's fashion--as it mainly consists of wearing nothing at all--it was a men's fashion magazine I picked up. I flipped through it to see if there was anything inspiring I could base an outfit or costume off of. There most certainly was and I decided to purchase it with some money a friend had given me recently. When I got to the register there was the same cashier that had been there earlier today when I went with my sister.

  "Twice in one day!" the cashier exclaimed. "Not that I'm counting," she added with a wink.

  "Yup," I said.

  She rang up the magazine and then "euch"ed. "I think it's so arrogant of him to say that." She pointed to the cover of the magazine where there was a quote from the featured article saying something like, "I think I'm better looking than most of the public thinks I am."

  I thought about this for a moment.

  "Well," I said, "I suppose that depends on the public's opinion of how you look."

  She laughed. "I suppose that's true." Then, "What's he in? Is he an actor?"

  "I don't really know," I replied. "I just like men's fashion."

  She let out a hearty laugh with an honest smile, this time because what I said had amused her because it was true and she knew it. This pleased me because it's always nice when someone believes that and doesn't think it's code for "I'm buying this magazine to wank-off to hot guys." And sometimes, I like to amuse people, also.

  So here I am in the library, twice in one day. At least this time I have something to write about even if I am the only person who will smile upon reading it. That's okay with me.

  Because I'm a far more interesting person than most of the public thinks I am. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment