17.3.18

A Bug in the Toilet

  Yesterday, after I finished taking a shit, I turned around to flush and there was a bug in the toilet.
  See, my writing has become so flaccid and pathetic that I have to start a blog post with that intro.
  It is true though.
  When I turned around there was a bug (of a type I have previously waged a war on and by "war" I mean catch them and throw them out the window) upside down in the water, flailing his little legs for dear life. I couldn't blame the poor bastard. He had just been attacked by human defecation and a heap of blood clots and menstrual blood. I looked at him for a few seconds pondering how I could get him out but considering that it felt like a crocodile was gnawing away at my pelvis and I really didn't want to reach into the mess I had just made, I closed the lid and flushed. I felt really bad and did actually flinch when I flushed the toilet but given the situation, I believe it was the kindest course of action.
  That would have been the highlight of my day but I decided to down some muscle relaxers and pain relievers and hopped on a bus to the mall which was my original  plan for the day.
  I left early because I like to go to the mall and sit in the eating area where the skylights let in so much natural light that I could sit there and read forever. But I can't  because even on a weekday the mall noise starts to act up to an unbearable degree about two hours after opening. But it was nice to have that time, period cramps and all.
  Today I am going to the ballet which warms my heart because even if I still have trouble dancing myself I will be as close to both the place and the thing that I love most in the world (bunny friend aside. Yup, new bunny, more on that later).
  I'll sign off here because I should really eat breakfast.
  Ta-ta.
  -Erin

Plan Pony at the mall. Not sure where I was when this was taken.

No comments:

Post a Comment