5.3.18

  I keep starting posts trying to properly express what I'm feeling but it's not going so well. But third time's the charm, right?
  The basic message is this: I don't want to express my opinion anymore because it's the unpopular one and I am sick of having the same arguments with people over and over and over again.
  Bam.
  I watched a Korean movie a few days ago and needless to say, the English subtitles could use some work. At the end something was said that went sort of like this (and bear with me because my broken memory is trying to remember this from poorly translated subtitles): You can't keep fighting. All we can do is continue being what we are.
  What it meant was that you shouldn't exhaust yourself fighting when things have gone so horribly wrong and are out of your control. To continue doing what you're doing and hope that that will make a difference. Basically, it's another way of putting that Gandhi quote "Be the change you want to see in the world." but I liked how the movie put it better. Also, that quote is so over used and not-followed that I don't even want to say it.
  So that's where I am at right now. I don't want to talk about my opinion. It will inevitably sneak it's way into my writings because I'm not going to stop being me. I like who I am even if no one else does. People would here say they like me! But if they knew what I really thought, they probably wouldn't.
  So while I had some horribly translated English subtitles help me out, I still don't feel like I'm expressing what I'm feeling. Maybe writing isn't the right outlet for it.
  Whatever. I guess this is the post with no point.

No comments:

Post a Comment