20.5.15

Photo from last year's summer.
    As the temperature begins creeping into the seventies I find myself placed directly in front of my fan, eyes slightly squinted to avoid flying debris. A small price to pay for the respite the cool(ish) air gives me from the ever-increasing heat. Regardless, a trickle of sweat slides down my body and I gaze enviously at my doll-friends who lack the ability to do just that. But, I tell myself, sweating is probably a more desirable reaction to the heat than melting in it. True but the thought gives me little comfort. I squinch up my face at them and they gaze indifferently back at me. Turning back to the fan with a sigh I give in and accept the undeniable fact that has been plaguing my mind these past few weeks:
    It's that time again...
    Summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment