26.11.14

Coffee, Butts, and Buses

    I rely on public transport to get me anywhere my legs cannot legally take me. While it's not nearly as bad as people with cars who have never traveled by bus think it is it most certainly does have its moments and one of  those particular moments has happened to me twice now, in all my years of busing. It involves sitting in a coffee spill that is not fresh enough to notice having sat in it but still damp enough to get all over your clothes. While it is not the end of the world or that big of a deal in our age of automatic washers on both of these occasions I happened to be wearing hand wash only items of clothing that also happened to be white.
    This last time I did not notice the coffee stain on my skirt until about two weeks after the fact. Worried that I now had a questionable brown, runny stain all down the backside of my favorite skirt permanently forever I set it in the bathroom for washing the next day. I then spent the next week ill and drugged out and it is just today that I have been able to get back to my everyday living things. I woke up, took a shower, and threw a load of laundry into the washer. I went into the bathroom to put the laundry soap away and tidy up a bit and that's when I unburied my coffee stained skirt from under a pile of used towels. Now that the stain had dried I became concerned that it was indeed going to be there permanently forever so I decided to tackle it then and there since I was never going to get around to it otherwise. Out came the laundry soap again and a scrub brush and I soaped and scrubbed that coffee stained skirt like a soaping and scrubbing fiend. After a couple washes the stain apeared to be gone and I felt quite satisfied with myself. I was feeling better and my skirt was now clean and line drying in the bathroom...that's when my gaze was caught by a pile of striped items nearby.
    My skirt may be one item checked off my to-do list but I'm afraid the same cannot be said for my pile of filthy stockings...


No comments:

Post a Comment